Health in All Policies News
Learn more about Health in Policies and the intersectoral projects and programmes improving population health in Canterbury.
Health in All Policies Newsletter
This Canterbury DHB newsletter is produced by the Policy Team at Community and Public Health at least twice a year. It aims to highlight the Health in All Policies (HiAP) approach in action in Canterbury.
In the latest issue:
- HiAP in action: Public health, equity and racism;
- New resource: Key questions for pandemic recovery planning;
- Working together on psychosocial recovery;
- Rethinking the health system;
- NZTA’s Investment Decision-Making Framework;
- Building Health for All® in the face of COVID-19; and
- Broadly Speaking – Book now for remaining 2020 dates.
Canterbury HiAP Annual Reports
These Annual Reports highlight examples of HiAP in action and cross-sectoral work in the region.
For further information, contact:
Ph: +64 3 364 1777
Fax: +64 3 379 6125
Spotlight on: Pandemic Supplement to the Integrated Planning Guide
The response to COVID-19 reinforces how policies and actions outside of the health sector can protect wellbeing and foster resilience. Three key priorities should be taken into account while planning the recovery from this pandemic:
- health and equity;
- addressing climate sustainability; and
- incorporating wider social goals.
The Pandemic Supplement to the Integrated Planning Guide for a healthy, sustainable and resilient future provides strategic questions and considerations across key dimensions of health specific to pandemic planning and recovery.
This 5-page supplement was developed with key partners, and is intended for use alongside the Integrated Planning Guide Version 3. Use these additional prompts when developing plans or projects for both pandemic recovery and to build ongoing resilience to public health emergencies.