Health in All Policies News
Learn more about Health in Policies and the intersectoral projects and programmes improving population health in Canterbury.
Health in All Policies Newsletter
This Canterbury DHB newsletter is produced by the Policy Team at Community and Public Health at least twice a year. It aims to highlight the Health in All Policies (HiAP) approach in action in Canterbury.
In the latest issue – a special edition on Climate Change:
- Climate change: The time is now;
- The local response to climate change;
- Have your say on the draft Ōtautahi Christchurch Climate Change Strategy;
- Working together for a healthy commute;
- Canterbury Waterways Partnership;
- The first package of advice from the Climate Change Commission;
- How climate change affects biodiversity in Aotearoa;
- Global Launch of Children in All Policies 2030; and
- Broadly Speaking – register now for the last spots in 2021.
Canterbury HiAP Annual Reports
These Annual Reports highlight examples of HiAP in action and cross-sectoral work in the region.
For further information, contact:
Ph: +64 3 364 1777
Fax: +64 3 379 6125
Spotlight on: Pandemic Supplement to the Integrated Planning Guide
The response to COVID-19 reinforces how policies and actions outside of the health sector can protect wellbeing and foster resilience. Three key priorities should be taken into account while planning the recovery from this pandemic:
- health and equity;
- addressing climate sustainability; and
- incorporating wider social goals.
The Pandemic Supplement to the Integrated Planning Guide for a healthy, sustainable and resilient future provides strategic questions and considerations across key dimensions of health specific to pandemic planning and recovery.
This 5-page supplement was developed with key partners, and is intended for use alongside the Integrated Planning Guide Version 3. Use these additional prompts when developing plans or projects for both pandemic recovery and to build ongoing resilience to public health emergencies.