Please read for the latest resource info.
Please read before ordering resources.
More information about ordering resources.
Order resources from the Community Health Information Centre
The Community Health Information Centre (CHIC) provides free health resources within the Community and Public Health geographical area covering:
- Canterbury including Ashburton, Greater Christchurch, Selwyn, Waimakariri, Hurunui and Kaikoura Districts;
- South Canterbury including MacKenzie, Timaru and Waimate Districts;
- the West Coast including Buller, Grey and Westland Districts; and
- the Chatham Islands.
This page is the gateway to ordering health resources online, including pamphlets, booklets and posters.
You can order up to 100 copies of any resource online, unless specified otherwise or if quantities are limited.
Christmas/New Year Hours for Community Health Information Centres
The last day to submit resource orders to ensure delivery before Christmas are:
- Christchurch: Wednesday 19th December 2018 (closed from Friday 21st December);
- Greymouth: Tuesday 18th December 2018 (closed from Monday 24th December); and
- Timaru: Wednesday 19th December 2018 (closed from Monday 24th December).
All orders received after these dates will not be processed until your local CHIC re-opens in 2019:
- Christchurch: Monday 14th January 2019;
- Greymouth: Thursday 3rd January 2019; and
- Timaru: Monday 7th January 2019.
The staff of the Community Health Information Centres wish you a safe and happy festive season.
Other ways you can order resources
You can also order resources from CHIC via mail, fax and email.
You can also visit one of our centres in Ashburton, Timaru and Greymouth to view or order resources.
Unfortunately you cannot visit or drop in to the Christchurch CHIC to view or order resources.
Contact your local CHIC Office for more information:
Ph +64 3 378 6721
Fax +64 3 379 6125
MID CANTERBURY (Ashburton)
Ph +64 3 307 6902
Fax +64 3 307 8081
SOUTH CANTERBURY (Timaru)
Ph +64 3 687 2600
Fax +64 3 688 6091
WEST COAST (Greymouth)
Ph +64 3 768 1160
Fax +64 3 768 1169
Ordering resources from outside our region
Some resources produced by Community and Public Health are available to those outside our coverage area, but you will need to pay for these items, including a postage charge.
Resources from the All Right? Campaign
The All Right? campaign is designed to help us think about our mental health and wellbeing.
All Right? is about helping people realise that they’re not alone, encouraging them to connect with others, and supporting them to boost their wellbeing.
Featured resources: Rauemi whakaatu
Gives tips for safe food handling and storage at home. Revised June 2012.
Provides information on food safety those with conditions which affect immunity to illness.
Gives information on how to keep you and your food safe from foodbourne illnesses. Revised November 2013.