Please read for the latest resource info.
Please read before ordering resources.
More information about ordering resources.
Order resources from the Community Health Information Centre
The Community Health Information Centre (CHIC) provides free health resources within the Community and Public Health geographical area covering:
- Canterbury including Ashburton, Greater Christchurch, Selwyn, Waimakariri, Hurunui and Kaikoura Districts;
- South Canterbury including MacKenzie, Timaru and Waimate Districts;
- the West Coast including Buller, Grey and Westland Districts; and
- the Chatham Islands.
This page is the gateway to ordering health resources online, including pamphlets, booklets and posters.
You can order up to 100 copies of any resource online, unless specified otherwise or if quantities are limited.
Other ways you can order resources
You can also order resources from CHIC via mail, fax and email.
You can also visit one of our centres in Ashburton (by appointment), Timaru and Greymouth to view or order resources.
Unfortunately you cannot visit or drop in to the Christchurch CHIC to view or order resources.
Christmas/New Year closure of Community Health Information Centres
The Community Health Information Centres will be closed over the festive season. Make sure to get your orders in to ensure delivery before Christmas and to cover resource needs over this period. Any orders received after specified date will not be processed until the Centre opens again in 2020.
- Christchurch and Ashburton: Last day for pre-Christmas orders is Friday 13th December 2019. Closed from Thursday 19th December 2019, and re-opening Tuesday 14th January 2020.
- Timaru: Last day for pre-Christmas orders is Wednesday 18th December 2019. Closed from Monday 23rd December 2019, and re-opening Monday 6th January 2020.
- Greymouth: Last day for pre-Christmas orders is Friday 20th December 2019. Closed from Monday 23rd December 2019, and re-opening Monday 6th January 2020.
Contact your local CHIC Office for more information:
Ph +64 3 378 6721
Fax +64 3 379 6125
MID CANTERBURY (Ashburton)
Ph +64 3 307 6902
Fax +64 3 307 8081
SOUTH CANTERBURY (Timaru)
Ph +64 3 687 2600
Fax +64 3 688 6091
WEST COAST (Greymouth)
Ph +64 3 768 1160
Fax +64 3 768 1169
Ordering resources from outside our region
Some resources produced by Community and Public Health are available to those outside our coverage area, but you will need to pay for these items, including a postage charge.
Resources from the All Right? Campaign
The All Right? campaign is designed to help us think about our mental health and wellbeing.
All Right? is about helping people realise that they’re not alone, encouraging them to connect with others, and supporting them to boost their wellbeing.
Featured resources: Rauemi whakaatu
Featured food safety resources: Rauemi whakamaru i te kai
Featured sexual health resources: Rauemi mate paipai
Designed for youth and details places in the region to receive sexual health care. Reprinted September 2012.