Please read for the latest resource info.
Please read before ordering resources.
More information about ordering resources.
Order resources from the Community Health Information Centre
Christmas/ New Year closure of Community Health Information Centres
All Community Health Information Centres (CHICs) will be closed over the festive season. Make sure to get your orders in to ensure delivery before Christmas and to cover your resource needs over this period.
Any orders received after the last day for pre-Christmas orders will not be processed until the Centre opens again in 2021.
- Christchurch, Ashburton and Chatham Islands: Last day for pre-Christmas orders is Friday 18th December 2020. Re-opening on Monday 18th January 2021.
- Timaru: Last day for pre-Christmas orders is Monday 21st December 2020. Re-opening on Tuesday 5th January 2021.
- Greymouth: Last day for pre-Christmas orders is Monday 21st December 2020. Re-opening on Tuesday 5th January 2021.
The Community Health Information Centre (CHIC) provides free health resources within the Community and Public Health geographical area covering:
- Canterbury including Ashburton, Greater Christchurch, Selwyn, Waimakariri, Hurunui and Kaikoura Districts;
- South Canterbury including MacKenzie, Timaru and Waimate Districts;
- the West Coast including Buller, Grey and Westland Districts; and
- the Chatham Islands.
This page is the gateway to ordering health resources online, including pamphlets, booklets and posters.
You can order up to 100 copies of any resource online, unless specified otherwise or if quantities are limited.
CHIC Order Processing during the public health response to COVID-19
All CHICs are closed to visitors at the current alert level and until further notice. Therefore you may not be able to pick up resource orders.
You may experience a delay in the processing of your resource order. This is due to limited staff capacity and also issues with the availability of some resources.
Other ways you can order resources
You can also order resources from CHIC via mail, fax and email.
You can also visit one of our centres in Ashburton (by appointment), Timaru and Greymouth to view or order resources.
Unfortunately you cannot visit or drop in to the Christchurch CHIC to view or order resources.
Contact your local CHIC Office for more information:
Ph +64 3 378 6721
Fax +64 3 379 6125
MID CANTERBURY (Ashburton)
Ph +64 3 307 6902
Fax +64 3 307 8081
SOUTH CANTERBURY (Timaru)
Ph +64 3 687 2600
Fax +64 3 688 6091
WEST COAST (Greymouth)
Ph +64 3 768 1160
Fax +64 3 768 1169
Ordering resources from outside our region
Some resources produced by Community and Public Health are available to those outside our coverage area, but you will need to pay for these items, including a postage charge.
Resources from the All Right? Campaign
The All Right? campaign is designed to help us think about our mental health and wellbeing.
All Right? is about helping people realise that they’re not alone, encouraging them to connect with others, and supporting them to boost their wellbeing.