Public Health Updates
These regular email newsletters from Community and Public Health provide information about notifiable diseases and other public health issues to health professionals in our coverage area (Canterbury, South Canterbury, West Coast and the Chatham Islands).
This publication replaces the Public Health Information Quarterly (PHIQ).
- COVID-19 “High Index of Suspicion” notifications.
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus outbreak.
- Te Hā – Waitaha Smokefree Support.
- Enteric infections.
- Preparations for community cases of COVID-19.
- Alcohol harm over the summer.
- Getting Through Together: Simple things that bring us joy.
- Update on local response to COVID-19.
- Getting Through Together.
- New case definition.
- New Āwhina app for health workers.
- Snapshots of cases in the Community and Public Health coverage area.
- Trusted information sources on Novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
- National measles notifications have reduced.
- Increase in national mumps notifications.
- 2019 Canterbury Wellbeing Survey results available in Canterbury Wellbeing Index.
- Measles cases continue.
- Legionnaire’s disease numbers climb in spring.
- Resources for parents from All Right?
- Immunity against pertussis/ whooping cough wanes over time.
- We’re updating our ways of sending information to you.
- Measles outbreaks are now centred on Auckland.
- Sporadic rheumatic fever cases continue in the South.
- Explore your community’s health and wellbeing with the Canterbury Wellbeing Index.