Public Health Updates
These regular email newsletters from Community and Public Health provide information about notifiable diseases and other public health issues to health professionals in our coverage area (Canterbury, South Canterbury, West Coast and the Chatham Islands).
This publication replaces the Public Health Information Quarterly (PHIQ).
- Measles cases continue.
- Legionnaire’s disease numbers climb in spring.
- Resources for parents from All Right?
- Immunity against pertussis/ whooping cough wanes over time.
- We’re updating our ways of sending information to you.
- Measles outbreaks are now centred on Auckland.
- Sporadic rheumatic fever cases continue in the South.
- Explore your community’s health and wellbeing with the Canterbury Wellbeing Index.