Support cancer patients in your region this Dry July
Almost 2,000 New Zealanders are diagnosed with cancer each month. Dry July encourages people to give up alcohol for the month of July and raise funds for cancer patients and their families and carers.
Funds raised through Dry July go towards cancer support organisations across New Zealand, to help improve patient comfort, care and wellbeing. Some of the ways your fundraising will help cancer patients and their families could be:
- a comfier chair during treatment,
- a brighter waiting room,
- a lift to an appointment, or
- a complimentary massage.
Having a month off alcohol also has great health benefits, such as sleeping better, having more energy and of course, no hangovers! So you’re not only helping others, you’re helping yourself. It’s a win-win!
Top tips for going Dry this July
- Donate to yourself to show others you’re committed.
- Create a team with friends, family or work mates. Strength in numbers is key.
- Focus on the cause to keep you strong.
- Change your diet and increase your exercise routine to get the maximum benefit.
- Don’t be shy about your Dry July! Tell everyone you know you’ve signed up to Dry July. That way when you start to receive donations you have to commit and can’t back out.
- Be the Designated Dryver to your mates… and get them to donate to your taxi service.
Source: Dry July NZ website.Published on Wednesday, June 21st, 2017, under Events