Give generously on Daffodil Day
The daffodil is one of the first flowers of spring, whose bright yellow blooms remind us of the joys the new season will bring. It also represents hope for the 1 in 3 New Zealanders affected by cancer.
Daffodil Day (Friday 27th August 2021) is a major funding source for the Cancer Society, as well as an opportunity to raise awareness of cancer in New Zealand.
Ways you can donate to Daffodil Day
- Donate by scanning the Daffodil Day QR code at any ANZ Bank branch; or
- Donate with your credit card using a secure online donation form.
How your Daffodil Day donations make a difference
Your donations will go towards vital scientific research into the causes and treatment of all types of cancer, as well as providing a wide range of support services, education and awareness campaigns or programmes for people affected by cancer in your area.
There are many ways a donation makes a difference for people with cancer:
- $10 provides people affected by cancer with important support and information resources;
- $20 contributes to the free Cancer Information Helpline – 0800 CANCER (0800 226 237);
- $35 provides safe transport for cancer patients to get to hospital appointments;
- $50 provides counselling and support to people affected by cancer;
- $100 helps make schools SunSmart and our communities Smokefree;
- $150 provides accommodation for those undergoing cancer treatment away from home; and
- $500 helps fund ground-breaking research into new and better ways to prevent, diagnose or treat cancer.
Any donation will make a difference in the life of someone living with cancer – no matter how large or small.
Source: Daffodil Day website.Published on Wednesday, July 21st, 2021, under Uncategorised